Thursday, December 1, 2011

No regrets


I really have no regrets...when it comes to learning dance.This is one of my hobbies which mummy did not approve at first.She was worried as the dance instructor was a man and when it comes to dancing,there will definitely be some kind of contact.But,since started,nothing has ever stopped me from learning when i have the chance to.Studies came in the way a few times,but once i had some free time,i would be back to continue.This proves that nothing will be in the way if you have your heart and mind set to do it.

Mummy has always encouraged us (siblings and me) to learn anything that was in our interest or beneficial to us.She doesn't mind paying as long as we wanted to learn.I have attended piano lessons,drum lessons,badminton training,taekwando and even mental arithmetic.Most of them were because i was made to learn.It was never my choice.Dancing was the first thing that i learnt because i wanted it.But,this time,mummy refused to pay for my fees.She said if i wanted to learn i had to pay for it myself.Partially it was because of the reason above and partially it was because she wanted me to appreciate,didn't take for granted the money spent on it.So,i have been paying for it myself for a total of almost 3 years now (and it is not cheap cos it costs me 50% of my monthly allowance now).And what she said was right.I am more aware of the cost i need to pay and in order to make it worthwhile,i make sure i attend the classes,pay attention,put effort into improving and practise whenever i am free.Cost versus benefit (linking the things i studied in ACCA here cos i am suppose to be preparing for my exams next week).Besides all that,i also do not give up that easily too.Previously,whenever i face any difficulties when learning,giving up was always an option i would consider,but not for dance.It was never an option,never even thought of it.For all the hardwork,time and money spent on it,giving up halfway would be a waste.Therefore,i am more determined to be better at what i am learning,to be a better dancer.

So,why is it that i said i have no regrets....Only recently,the previous lesson and tonight,that i received a huge compliment from my dance instructor.Usually,i will always either not be doing it right or doing it not enough,never up to his standard as a good student.But,this time,he told me that i had improved a lot,getting most things right (doesn't mean i am very good,just finally understanding what he meant and able to do them).He is even beginning to teach me more especially the hand movements so that i am able to be a complete dancer.I have always concentrated on my body and legs,never bothered about how my hands are suppose to move.So,this time,learning all these makes me feel like a real dancer,a dancer who can perform instead of just facing the mirror and practise.And the funny thing,he even insisted that i search for a job around here so that i can attend more dance classes and maybe get me a partner and prepare for competition.To hear all that from him (one of the best dance instructor in Malaysia),how can i not feel happy and contented?

Conclusion: I have NO REGRETS in learning how to dance =D

8 comments:

Eve A. Ma said...

What kind of dance are you learning?

Ling said...

Hi..Am learning Latin dances.Currently,it is rhumba.

Lauren Elizabeth said...

I am on my school's dance team and I love it! Being able to dance is such a fun skill...and a major stress relief! Keep at it! :)

http://lalavcott.blogspot.com

Actual Tests said...

It was very interesting blog.I am happy that you are learning dance. Dance is also an exercise and it is good for health.

Kaloy said...

Dancing is really one of the great things I enjoy too, though I'm really not that good in that aspect but dancing just makes me feel young and free. I believe we share the same sentiments. Thanks for posting
Dance classes for adults

Test Guide said...

Dance is not easy as most of people think. its much difficult to perform in the large cround.

hermes handbags said...

I just book marked your site on Dig and Stumble Upon.

Unknown said...

its great uh wanna to learn dace . its very nice it doesn't matter what kind of dancing style you choose .

http://gadagetsforexamcheating.blogspot.in/