Friday, January 2, 2009

Dinner and dance

On New Year's eve,i was suppose to hang out with my friend and also sis and her friend but all changed when i received a call from my dance sir.He called to ask me whether i was interested to attend a 'dinner and dance'.I was quite uncertain at first because i already had other plans.The day before NY's eve,sis's friend said he cannot make it and sis was thinking of swimming..leaving me with the choice of whether to go for the dinner or stay at home.Called this friend whom was suppose to go out with and he said okay.

So there we were..at the dinner and dance.Most of the people there are...aunties and uncles.Only A FEW teenagers.The food was..i don't know,okay i guess..i didn't eat much as i was busy watching people dancing =) There were performances but not many.Would have been better if there were more.The rest of the time was open dance floor.


Different types of music were played..cha cha,tango,waltz,rhumba,jive,joget...Most of the people there know the steps to the songs...I wonder how they can remember them all.

I didn't dance that much..only 3 or 4 songs..cause was too shy.But,now,thinking back...i sort of regret A LITTLE.It would have been more fun if i joined in the dances rather than sit and watch most of the time.Maybe next time i will try not to think of other people and just enjoy myself.Next year,next year...

That was about all...

Now,i know what to expect from a dinner and dance (that was my first time attending and also dancing in dinner)..especially what to wear =) Meantime,i am going to learn more dances and hopefully that will make me feel more comfortable dancing next time.

PS: Thanks for the photos...

0 comments: