Sunday, March 23, 2008

Baby fish

Recently,I have been so into keeping fish and water plants.A friend got me into it by telling how wonder it is,supplying me with the aquarium to try out and etc...


When i first started,i was a little not certain cause i used to have fishes but when one died,the rest i will just leave it.A phobia i think.So,when i wanted to start this one,i was nervous.

With all the encouragement and since i have nothing much to do also,decided to start.First was getting the plants and fishes.Buying them is not a problem.Problem only occurs when i have to maintain them.The fishes are way easier to than the plants even though some may think that.."Plants...just plant them there and they will survive.No need to water and no need to feed."Well,let me tell you,THEY ARE THE HARDEST TO MAINTAIN.They just die or melt away.Then,you will see me in the shop getting new plants again.If it doesn't die then it will give me problems in planting them.They will never stay.Keep floating.Imagine...Have to keep doing it and each time the water gets so dirty.So..plants are easy?

There is no place in my house that i can put the aquarium.Finally,decided to put it in my room.Ya..my bedroom,the place where i sleep.First few nights were horrible cause i am so afraid that i will wake up and first thing i see is a dead fish.But luckily,since i wear spectacles,i peep before i wear them so that it won't scare me that much.Until today,there was no scare even though one died..cause that one got stuck to the pam so i didn't see it till later in the day when i was counting them.

Another thing that i had to endure was the smell of the water.Didn't know it could be so terrible and imagine sleeping with it.Gosh...Can't imagine me being able to take it and last till today.But i did it anyway.So..cheers for me...

So,since i started,i have been really interested not in the plants but more in the fishes.Everytime i have nothing to do,the first thing that will pop on my mind is going to the fish shop.The aquarium isn't that big and phew...cause if not,i would be busy filling it until it is as pack as a sardin tin.

The fish that usually attracts my attention are those chubby ones with beautiful colours.But not goldfish.I don't like them.So why i say chubby?Cause they look pregnant so i will have baby fishes.Hey...it works okay.I now have two batches of baby fish.First batch i think are a few months old..and today..ya..tonight...another batch.There were five babies in both the batches.But three died from the first batch.So now i have eight..Feeling really proud and that is why i had to blog.Haha..

These are some photos i took...

Feeling so happy tonight..Hoping for more baby fish and also hoping that my baby fish will survive until they can enter the aquarium.Counting the days....


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ish...ish...tak sangka...CHEERS!!! :)