Sunday, March 23, 2008

Lunas

Lunas...heard of it?Well,it's a small town situated in Kulim,Kedah.It is well known for it's Tan Kee Roast Duck.

But to me,Lunas is not all that.It is my second home since young.My family will usually go there during weekends or holidays to visit my grandparents and also relatives.The house there consists of a few families and that is what makes my every visit so fun,even until today.
During celebrations especially Chinese New Year,that is where everyone in our big family gathers.My cousins and I will usually buy crackers and play then on the road.But,time has passed.I am now the one watching my niece and nephews play...Luckily it is not my children.That would be EVEN older.

Don't think telling it only would be fun.So,i took a few photos to show,some along the way and some of the house.




Besides being my second home,i have also found something else at this place that i like.It is the laksa.It is really tasty...but it is not consistent.So,sometimes it can taste a little blend.Some description of the laksa....Umm...It is a Malay laksa which mean no pineapple and no prawn paste...Just egg,chilli and some leaves which are different from the ones in Chinese laksa.And this is special cause it has 'sambal sotong'.It tastes sweet and spicy.So...
Malay laksa + Sambal sotong = LAKSA MAMBO (YUMMY)

How does it look like?No photo of it being serve there..just photos of it packed back home to enjoy..



Does it look good?Um...maybe not.But,dont judge a book by its cover.Try it if you have the chance...

Now,very late.Need my beauty sleep.Will talk more about this place the next time.

Goodnight..........



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sayang...thanks for the laksa mambo!!!...next time can try laksa rhumba, samba and cha-cha as well...hehe...sorry for the lame joke. XD

Ning said...

me WANT!!!!!!!!!!!! *jealous*

AJ7 said...

ha...finally you are in. thx for the laksa...