Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dance classes

Yesterday i was too tired to blog about what i learnt and did so i am going to sum it all up in one post (also shows that i am getting lazier as well) =)

Dance class on Wednesday was like usual.Lots of fun and lots of sweat too..I am getting the hang of square rhumba now.It is basically doing the basics and let the guy lead.But i did learn a new step yesterday which is to bend back and trust my partner.It is so scary when the only support i have is my hands holding his hand.He is NOT supporting my back.Took me quite some time to trust and bend.But,i am still afraid.Then,it was the Thai rhumba..which was okay.Followed by cha cha.Not much of technique i could do cos the music was FAST and was like chasing after a jet.How not to sweat right?But MOST of them there didn't sweat.I really wonder how they danced...

Then,this morning i was suppose to go for badminton but it was cancelled.So,went over to AM's house for dance practice with the uncle and another guy.The other can do his hip well but then his posture,just doesn't look right.Even they uncle agrees with me but i didn't say anything about it.Better to keep it to myself.Who am i to judge others when i am not a pro,right? =) Just before going back,the uncke told me that he will only be dancing till the end of this month.He is going for a knee operation in September and hopefully will be back dancing after CNY =( I will definitely miss having him as my partner and teaching me cos he has the patience.Hope that he will recover from the operation fast and will be able to continue dancing...

Then,the dance class that i went just now.Today,there were around 5 students.It was nice cos not too crowded.I was practising my basics for rhumba as usual,still a lot of polishing to do.I need to remember 'shoulder lead','toes turn out','compress and hold','settle down' and 'connection'.These are the few..After that,i did the pattern with the uncle and finally,i learnt how to do the 3-steps turn.Usually,when doing the turns,after a few times,everything i see will be spinnning.That's wrong.The right way won't cause dizziness.It is because the head doesn't turn with the body.There is a certain direction to look at when doing the turns.So,that is what im learnt.Slowly getting it already but i still need to make it looks effortless and natural.

So..these are the things that i learnt this week.

*The sir asked if i wanted to go KL to watch the international dance competition.It is on the 30th of August and they are going down by bus.Should i go?

4 comments:

Ning said...

of course!!!!!

Ling said...

Of course i should go?But i don't have anyone to teman me there.I don't know who are the people going except for the sir.Don't want to feel lonely la..

Ning said...

aiya. go look see look see la. experience =)

Ling said...

Decided on not going ade.. =)