Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Addition to my flood post

I was being distracted while blogging and didn't realise i missed out on certain things.

Since Thursday,my family and i had been traveling up and down from Lunas.For the first time,it didn't feel like a LONG journey,seems pretty normal to drive an hour.When we left on Thursday,water was just sipping through the front door and on Friday,whole house was covered with almost 4inches of water.Nothing much could be done during that visit.We just lifted a few more things especially my piano and cleared the refrigerator cos didn't want it to stink since the electricity is already gone.Some of the food stuff that was still frozen,we took back to Lunas and had an 8 course dinner that night.

Saturday,water receded and we could start cleaning.Sis was not feeling well that day,so she stayed back in Lunas to rest while mum was having really bad back ache and couldn't help out that much.Luckily my brother came back,so it was him,my dad and me doing all the major cleaning.After cleaning our place,we went to help out at friend's house.All those was done with only breakfast and no lunch.So,you can imagine how HUNGRY we were when it came to dinner.We stopped at Bertam,ordered 5 dishes and finished every single thing.Before the food came,we were busy talking.Once the first plate was placed on the table,no more talking,just concentrate on eating and filling our stomach.Dad said he didn't feel full after eating and that we should have ordered another dish.

Sunday morning,parents sent my brother to the Penang airport.It was after lunch that we went back to AS.Another round of cleaning the house but this time without my brother.Luckily it was just minor cleaning,mopping the house and washing the porch.The same thing happened at dinner,cleared every single dish.That night was the first night since the flood that we slept at home.The house still had that stink but nothing beats sleeping on my own bed.

Since Sunday,it has been mopping the house everyday,vacuuming the insects,arranging things back into their places and trying to study.Exam is in a month's time and this is suppose to be my CRUCIAL time but...distractions.I have a feeling that i will fail my exam this time cos i REALLY don't know how to do the questions till now.That's bad right?

There is a news that there will be a second flood.If it does happen,i am surely going to defer my exams.No way i can prepare for my exams with two floods happening when one is bad enough.

So,that's a little about what i experienced during the flood.Got to start studying now..Hopefully i can concentrate and stay focused.

1 comments:

Edward Liew said...

jia you!!!!!!
panda boleh!!!! XD