Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My first taste

Had my first taste of century egg yesterday....

Well...

I have learnt to try NEW things no matter what..only then is there some FUN...though sometimes i may regret after doing them.

Yesterday was my papa's birthday..after blowing out the candles and finishing the cake,family friend and us decided to go out for supper.Went to this place..Always go there but don't know what is it called...We usually refer to it as the 'lower than the road' place to makan.What is famous there is the KC noodles.

Because i haven't tasted century egg...eveer in my life...have seen them so often but never cross my mind to try cause it is black in colour...so yesterday,this family friend ordered an egg especially for my sister and me to try.

I took the quarter and pop it into my mouth (trying to be 'sporting').The taste of the egg white which is black and jelly like was....like eating jelly but no taste.That was still bearable.Then bit into the yolk.It was greenish black and sticky.The taste of it...wasn't something that i LOVE or LIKE and it was there the whole entire night.The sticky-ness and the smell.....really not pleasant especially when i have to wait for another hour or so before i can get home to brush my teeth.

Will i eat it again?

I will TRY to LIKE it....Needs some time to get use to it.

At least this hoilday i tried something new.No regrets....

3 comments:

AJ7 said...

Taste is acquired...but it was a good experience, yah??? 8)

Anonymous said...

hi,
You should try pork & century egg porridge at those dim sum places.
:) I love them... hope you will too.

Happy trying new food.

Shirley

Hooi Siah said...

the place is called sansui if i'm not mistaken. not 'lower than the road' la. haha