Friday, October 30, 2009

Papa's toy

Lately,I started to have a new interest..CAMERA.Don't know when is it but then i now wish to own my own camera,not the usual camera,but one with more functions to play with.

DSLR is what i dream of having.But as a student,i think it is a VERY EXPENSIVE toy.So,maybe i will consider something in between compact camera and DSLR.Any recommendations?

Of course,before buying something which will cost me a bomb,as a daughter,i need to get permission from my parents (i am used to it and also just to be sure that i spend my $$ wisely).When i was talking to papa about it,he told me that he used to own a SLR (during his time,there was no digital cameras yet).I haven't seen it so i thought he must have sold it.But then he told me that it was still around in my grandmother's house.

Just now,bro remembered about it (he has the interest too) and searched for it.I don't know if he asked mum or he found it by himself..but true enough it is still around.

These are what he found...

Because it has not been used for a LONG TIME (mum said papa got it before i was even born and didn't use it at all cos he didn't know how to),so most of the things are a little dusty and there is something that melted on the parts.So,we tried to clean that melted thing but we didn't manage to do a very good job.

We were thinking of bringing them to the shop and see what can be done with it cos most of the things look so new.I wonder if they are still working.If they are then...YIPPIE! New toys for us to use when we get a DSLR.

If any of you know anything about those parts (whether they can be cleaned or what they are for or are they good or not or whether they are worth cleaning),please leave comments for me ok?

PS: The camera is still around too..

2 comments:

AzBadFX said...

Uncle Jit San is very good at this...BC asks him and see :D

Ling said...

Yes i know..and i did ask him.But that day he was tired..so will ask again another time =)