Thursday, July 30, 2009

Polishing

Only two students showed up for dance class today..the uncle (aka my partner) and me.So,my $$ is worth cos i had the sir to teach ME,ME,ME...

Because i MIGHT be going for the dinner and dance,so the uncle asked the sir (without my knowledge) to teach us a few patterns so that we can dance on that night.The steps were not that okay,just getting the right posture and hip work was TOUGH.I had to stand straight,pull my body up (as though i am a puppet and there is a string attached to my head..had to PULL that string up).The sir did a lot of pushing and pulling to ensure i get it and i told him i think i am going to break my back if he does it a little more.That was really difficult.Then,the hip work.We had to go the side walk and 'kukaracha' (that's how it is pronounce but i am not sure if that is how it is being spelled).I always thought that turning the hip in the figure 8 was just like how we write it on a piece of paper,2 dimension.But,the sir said..it has FOUR DIMENSION.How can there be 4 dimension?So,he explained and i got it in theory.Doing it...still need a lot of practice.

So...these are the things i learnt today.I need to remember and keep doing it so that i will be ready for the party if i do go.

Though yesterday and today are about dancing but the fun i get out of them is different.That's why i like them both and don't mind paying.Sacrificing new clothes for this..but it's worth it =)

0 comments: